Built in 1857, Gedung Raja Abdullah in Klang was first used was store weapons, tin and food. The British then converted the warehouse into government offices In 1874, in which the first council meeting of Selangor was held in. In 1880, Gedung Raja Abdullah was turned into a police station and remained so until 1974. The lock-ups, with heavy iron wrought gates, still exist. More recently, the building was turned into a museum in 1985, exhibiting the history of Selangor’s tin mining industry and its role in the development and success of Selangor. Currently, the building is temporarily closed for restoration undertaken by National Heritage Department.
Visited 310 times, 18 Visits today