Muzium Insitu Jugra
The district of Kuala Langat is situated south of Klang district and west of Sepang district. Part of Kuala Langat is situated along the coast of the Straits of Melaka. Kuala Langat was the third administrative centre of the Selangor Sultanate after Bukit Malawati, Kuala Selangor and Klang. Sultan Abdul Samad founded the early settlement in Bukit Jugra when he explored Kuala Langat. Bukit Jugra was originally known as Tanjung Kera. However, when His Highness resided here, Tanjung Kera was re-named Bandar Temasya. The Jugra Insitu Museum is located at the foot of Bukit Jugra and is near the Langat River, approximately 70 km from the city of Shah Alam. This building was originally an old police station and housed a prison. It was a double-storeyed building which functioned as a place to carry out sentences according to the British judicial system applied at that time. It was constructed in 1875 by Captain Harry Charles Syers, a British police officer. The museum was built using stones (granite) found in the area. The stones were cut into squares to form a strong and solid building structure. The upper storey was used as the court and ground floor as the prison. It was gazetted by the Department of National Heritage on 19 November 2002.
Tel: +603 – 3120 1288, +603 – 3120 1279
Head Office : +603 - 5510 3190 / 5519 3220 / 5519 7604 / 5519 0050
Fax: +603 – 3120 1286
Head Office : +603 – 5510 1799
Muzium Insitu Jugra, Kampung Permatang Pasir, 42700 Banting, Selangor, Malaysia
Head Office: Perbadanan Adat Melayu Dan Warisan Negeri Selangor, Persiaran Bandaraya, 40000 Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia